According to the National Fire Protection Association, the number of home structure fires caused by cooking peaks during the holidays, specifically Thanksgiving and Christmas. With a large number of gatherings predicted to happen in the coming weeks, it’s a busy time for homeowners especially those who are hosting the celebrations. It’s highly likely for fire hazards to escape our attention when we are busy working or preparing.
One of the most common accidents that can happen in the kitchen is a grease fire. To prevent disruptions and a botched holiday party, ServiceMaster by Wright has some tips to handle a grease fire safely.
To put out a grease fire, you have to think fast. When it happens, do these things:
Cleaning Up After a Grease Fire
Putting out a grease fire is only the beginning. Here’s how to clean up after.